Cosmetic surgery checklist
There has been much recent media coverage relating to the cosmetic surgery industry. This has highlighted the need to ensure that you make an informed decision as to who performs your surgery, where it takes place and that it is the right decision for you.
The reassurance of a quality service can not be understated, and you should not be rushed into making a decision with any sales tactics or incentives to commit within a certain timescale, and should ensure that you meet and have a full and thorough consultation with the surgeon who will be performing your surgery.
To help you make the decision ensure that:
- Your Plastic Surgeon is registered with the GMC (check on www.gmc-uk.org) and also a member of a recognised professional organisation such as BAPRAS or BAAPS
- You meet your Plastic Surgeon and have a full consultation with them to discuss your requirements, and the outcome the surgeon feels can be produced for you
- You understand what your surgeon has said – take notes if required and don’t be afraid to ask questions
- Surgery takes place in a Care Quality Commission regulated facility
- You are fully informed of the outcome of surgery, and all the potential risks and complications
- Your Surgeon sees you post-operatively and offers follow-up appointments
- You are not rushed or pressured into making a decision
Whatever procedure you chose that is suitable for you, you can be assured that Exeter Medical’s Consultants staff will be friendly, spend time with you and at no stage put pressure on you to proceed with surgery. We will ensure you are able to make an informed decision.
Exeter Medical is an established and reputable cosmetic centre delivering a range of surgical and non-surgical cosmetic treatments to patients. Some day case and minor operations can be performed at Exeter Medical, which is conveniently located on the edge of Exeter and offers easy access, free parking and flexible appointments in a clean environment regulated by the Care Quality Commission, giving you the assurance that you are in safe hands.
Cosmetic surgery procedures will take place in partnership with local private hospitals where you would have an en-suite room for your comfort and privacy and be under the care of your chosen Exeter Medical surgeon.
If you have any further questions on any area of cosmetic surgery or any of our services please don’t hesitate to contact us on 01392 363534 or use our online form – you’re in safe hands.