Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon
Miss Fiona Irvine MB, BS, FRCOphth
Miss Irvine’s Specialisms:
• Cosmetic eyelid/brow surgery
• Blepharoplasty (eyebag and excess skin removal)
• Ptosis surgery (surgery for droopy upper eyelids)
• Entropion/Ectropion surgery
• Eyelid/Periocular tumour surgery
• Facial skin lumps/lesions
• Eyelid and orbital reconstruction following trauma
• Thyroid eye disease
• Orbital decompression surgery
• Orbital tumours
• Socket reconstructive surgery
• Eyelid and eyebrow surgery following facial palsy
• Watering eye surgery including external DCR and Lester Jones tubes
• Reconstruction of Mohs micrographic surgery defects
Qualifications, Training and Experience:
Miss Irvine completed medical training at the Royal Free School of Medicine, University of London. Her ophthalmic training was mainly at Addenbrookes Hospital (Cambridge University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust), as well as surgical training at Gartnavel General Hospital NHS Trust in Glasgow and a fellowship in oculoplastic, orbital and lacrimal surgery in Melbourne Australia.
• Royal Free School of Medicine, University of London
• Cambridge University Hospital ophthalmology training
• Gartnavel General Hospital surgical training
• Melbourne, Australia Fellowship in oculoplastic, orbital and lacrimal surgery.
• Consultant Ophthalmic, Oculoplastic and Orbitofacial surgeon at the Royal Devon & Exeter Hospital, 2007.
• Consultant Oculoplastic Surgeon, Northampton, 2003
Associations, awards and memberships:
• Fellow of Royal College of Ophthalmologists
• Member of Royal Society of Medicine
Since her appointment as Consultant Ophthalmic, Oculoplastic and Orbitofacial Surgeon in 2007, Miss Irvine has performed over 400 specialist oculoplastic/orbital/lacrimal operations per year (plastic surgery operations around the eyes).
“My procedures was explained well and I have been pleased with the result. Miss Irvine is an excellent surgeon who put me at ease. 5 Stars”Mrs D, Devon, (Miss Irvine, Upper Lid Blepharoplasty)
She has a good working relationship with colleagues in other specialties including: dermatology, plastic surgery, maxillo-facial surgery, radiology, histopathology, ENT surgery, and oncology.
Miss Irvine also runs a renowned subspecialty training fellowship in oculoplastic, orbital and lacrimal surgery, which has been running for six years, training surgeons locally and from around the world.
Before & After
Miss Irvine’s patients are happy to share their surgical outcomes so you can see for yourself how surgery has changed their lives. Patient confidentiality is paramount and all photographs are gratefully reproduced after discussion with Miss Irvine and having given written consent to publication on this website. This consent can be withdrawn at any time.
Publication of images is to show a range of possible outcomes from surgery and to help enable future patients in making their own informed decision about whether to consider cosmetic surgery.
“I found the actual operation very straight forward and easy from my point of view. The injections into the eyelids were unpleasant, but otherwise it was pain-free. Miss Irvine was very gentle and kept me informed what she was doing and generally looked after me well. I am glad I have had them done!”